A round-up of the various albums I listened to during the week. Always guaranteed to be a mix of old and new records, spanning most genres.
- Blackbraid, II (Bandcamp)
The follow-up to one of my Albums of the Year for 2022, this black metal project continues to turn out quality material — and the record much longer this time!
- Sleep Token, Take Me Back to Eden (Spotify)
This is an odd one; I really like the more pop-oriented style of this genre-blending lunacy. Some great singles and hooks, even if I am not the biggest fan of extensive auto-crooning.
- How To Disappear Completely, Midnight Elegies (Bandcamp)
An ambient, atmospheric project I’ve followed for some time. I really like these glitchy, piano-based compositions.
- Lepton Drip, Holographic Drainage (Bandcamp)
More demented compositions from the mind of Krallice guitarist / synth master and prolific metal producer Colin Marston, this time in the acid / house electronic music vein.
- Absurdeity, Unspeakable Butchery (Bandcamp)
Lord K and Jörgen Sandström from The Project Hate team up once again, this time for some straight-up death metal.
- Memorrhage, Memorrhage (Bandcamp)
A tribute to nu metal and boy does this thing go hard. The opener has distinct Mudvayne vibes.
That’s all for this week!