I’ve been on vacation and haven’t been paying too close attention to everything I’ve been listening to as of late. Here are some of the highlights of the past few weeks:
- Periphery, V: Djent is Not a Genre (Spotify)
A tremendously heavy, genre-blending masterpiece.
- Queens of the Stone Age, In Times New Roman (Spotify)
Josh Homme and co. are back with another solid record packed with catchy riffs and grooves.
- Panopticon, Kentucky (Bandcamp)
My vinyl copy of the most recent reissue finally arrived, and it’s a great mix and just as enjoyable a listen as the album was when I first heard it.
- lovelytheband, Finding it Hard to Smile (Spotify)
I heard “Broken” on a friend’s playlist while out fishing, and it immediately bored itself into m skull. The whole album is quite good as well.
- Mesarthim, Arrival (Spotify)
Another solid release from this Aussie space-metal duo. Not breaking any boundaries, either.
- Thantifaxath, Hive Mind Narcosis (Spotify)
Blistering, black metal cacophony.
See you next week!