A round-up of the various albums I listened to during the week. Always guaranteed to be a mix of old and new records, spanning most genres.
- Khanate, To Be Cruel (Bandcamp)
I reviewed this last week, and I’ve been mildly obsessed with it ever since it dropped.
- POSTE, Whatever Keeps You From It (Bandcamp)
Saw these guys live two weeks ago and I’ve found my favourite Ottawa-based shoegaze band! They put on a great show, and the record is excellent.
- VNV Nation, Electric Sun (Spotify)
I don’t see this album falling out of my regular rotation any time soon.
- Jerome’s Dream, The Gray In Between (Bandcamp)
I’m still not sure that I accept “powerviolence” as a genre, but I’m getting old and no one asked me.
- Mesarthim, Arrival (Bandcamp)
Everyone’s favourite Australian space metal band is back with another full-length.
- Krallice, Porous Resonance Abyss (Bandcamp)
Yeah, the Album of the Year list contenders are sticking in heavy rotation…
That’s all for this week!